IPB

> Google to Buy Primedia About.com ?
Critter
post Aug 29 2004, 03:09 AM [ Post #1 ]

Christopher Paige

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

there is a discussion on searchenginewatch.com about Google buying Monster.com, below is my feelings on why I think Google would be interested in About.com or creating a Guide System similar to about.com

Isn't Monster.com and the job boards THE major advertisers on Google (and everywhere else on the net)?

If Google buys Monster.com, would not the other job boards see this as a threat to their businesses and think twice about advertising with a competitor?

Also, I think that there is more "friendship" between google and yahoo.com than seems apparent (I noticed for certain search terms that they don't duplicate each others results).

I see Google and Yahoo.com deciding to SHARE the search market (to keep others out) and not duplicate each other's strategies. Yahoo already owns hotjobs.com and has substantial stock in Google.

I don't know why, but ALL of the major media seems determined to ignore the fact that the government is offering employers job posting for free. At some point, the fact that every city will have a job board where employers in those cities can post jobs for free will have an impact on the major jobs board. I don't see MASS oriented job sites as having a great future since, (as one guy said to me), employment is LOCAL.

Google already has a RELATIONSHIP with about.com and it seems to me that it would be consistent with Google's strategy if it either bought about.com or created some kind of similar GUIDE system.

What has always bothered me about google is that it seems to be a company of very technical people, yet its database is based entirely on POP knowledge (I don't think the average person in American is an engineer).

Google has to see a need to have, let's say, more educated guides/filters that can direct businesses and technical people to more TECHNICAL information on the net.

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]

> Posts in this topic
[Fast Reply] [Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:35 AM
Tempcity (tm) Drama NYC (tm) Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies (tm) temp agency NY New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Washington DC
NYC Temp Agencies Sheilaless TV Temping 247
Gay Marriage LLC, gay marriage limited liability company
Civil Union LLC civilunionllc.rllc.com
gaymarriagellc.rllc.com gaymarriagelimitedliabilitycompany.rllc.com
YouTube - Harlow Cuadra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGUEoPrw4g
Dailymotion - Harlow Cuadra in Action - a Sexy video
DomesticPartners LLC (tm)
Harlow Cuadra Live! also harlowcuadra.rllc.com
harlowcuadralive.net harlowcuadramovie.com
Hot NYC Temp Agencies
sheilaless.com sheilaless.net sheilaless.tv