IPB

[Add Reply] [New Topic]
> It Ain't About Japan Either
Critter
post Jun 26 2004, 04:22 PM [ Post #1 ]

Christopher Paige

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I worked in the Auto Industry and I do know a little bit about the Automobile industry in America (and a little bit about the UAW/Auto Workers).

First off, a car is not much use if there are no paved roads to drive cars on. So, in effect, the entire infrastructure/network of roads/streets/higways in America exist soley to ENABLE US automobile manufacturers. In fact, I would say that America itself exists soley to enable US automobile manufacturers.

Maybe it is just me, but I laugh whenever I hear some know it all business analysts proclaim that Japan is going to destroy the US Automobile industry. How exactly are the Japanese going to out whore the people who invented whoring? Assuming that the Japanese were actually capable of original thought, most American Automobile manufacturers OWN a Japanese automobile company or have an equity stake in one. And I think it is relatively safe to say that everything the Japanese currently know about building cars, they learned from American Automobile manufacturers back in the 60's.

I worked for a Japanese company (small semiconductor company) and it always amazed me how the Japanese employees of this company spent so much of their time comparing themselves to Americans. For example, they were always bringing up the gross national product of America vs Japan, the average personal income of Americans vs Japanese and all kind of BS.

At one point my Japanese Supervisor was going on and on about how Japan was taking over the semiconductor industry and this Supervisor asked: "Do you know what would happen if Japan decided to stop selling semiconductors to the US?" I looked up at the guy and said: "Yea, there would be no more Japan".

I just found it fahking amazing that a guy from the only country on the planet to have been nuked by the United States would never even imagine that the United States might actually nuke them again.

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]
[Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:34 AM
Tempcity (tm) Drama NYC (tm) Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies (tm) temp agency NY New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Washington DC
NYC Temp Agencies Sheilaless TV Temping 247
Gay Marriage LLC, gay marriage limited liability company
Civil Union LLC civilunionllc.rllc.com
gaymarriagellc.rllc.com gaymarriagelimitedliabilitycompany.rllc.com
YouTube - Harlow Cuadra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGUEoPrw4g
Dailymotion - Harlow Cuadra in Action - a Sexy video
DomesticPartners LLC (tm)
Harlow Cuadra Live! also harlowcuadra.rllc.com
harlowcuadralive.net harlowcuadramovie.com
Hot NYC Temp Agencies
sheilaless.com sheilaless.net sheilaless.tv